Monday, April 26, 2010

Mitsuri in Taiwan




Mitsuri is probably the nicest Japanese joint in Taipei. My parents love it and the quality of food is unparalleled, but its still not my type of place. I don't know why but I don't like super-restaurants. Either way, the live king crab was the shit.



I ate all the brains.



Everything was really fresh and good at Mitsuri, I just can't get used to Taiwanese style sashimi. The pieces of fish have a lot more chew, you battle ligaments, they cut them in bricks. They also hold the fish at a much lower temp than here in the states and it borders on icy.

4 comments:

  1. funny you went to Mitsuri, I endured a 3 hour long blog roaming, picture looking, web browsing, speech about this restaurant from my TW guy. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, did he like it? i thought it was overrated

    ReplyDelete